One point: We are ALL children of God. Even those you can't stand. Everyone deserves love, understanding, friendship and the gospel, so share what you can. This is more of a reminder for myself because I get caught up in the stresses of the moment. Remember to love, Breanna. Remember to love.
Another point: I am a child of God; this means that I can do great things. I've been thinking about what I want to accomplish in the future and some of it seems really unlikely. It's crazy to think that I will be teaching (granted it's student teaching, but it'll be REAL teaching right after!). The thought is exciting as well as terrifying, but because of this one simple sentence, I know I can do it.
One more point: Ya know when you're exercising and you think "OH my GOODNESS! No more [insert exercise]!"? Well yesterday I was doing an intense lower ab workout. It seemed particularly hard -I've been slacking okay? Don't judge :) Well I was thinking "2 whole minutes of the plank!?! There's no way..." I decided to do as long as I could. At one point, I felt like I absolutely couldn't hold myself up any longer. I took a short pause and started again. Amazingly, I did it!! I even did longer than the 2 minutes. During the second part, I kept replaying the line through my head "You can do it. You are a child of God." What a good motivation!




No comments:
Post a Comment