Oh how life is good.
I started training for a half marathon this week, and boy is it going to be hard. Crissy and I started running on Monday. We decided we're going to run Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday but still lift on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Can you just imagine how it's going to be to work out 6 days a week?? Some of you might be amazing like that already, but for others of us, it's a long and hard process. I was surprised with myself because I was able to run 4 miles on Monday and could have kept going if it wasn't almost time for the Bachelor. Yesterday, I decided to go to kickboxing instead of lifting since I am super busy on Thursdays and won't be able to even lift. OOWEE am I sore today! My arms, shoulders and legs. Isn't it a good feeling though? I hope that tonight's workout will help alleviate some of it though because otherwise I won't be able to move tomorrow. Yep, it has only been 2 days and I'm super sore. It'll get better though, right? The more you exercise, the stronger you get. I don't think I'll be this sore the entire time...
Do you want the link we're using to train?
It's http://www.runnersworld.com/ rwdcaspdf/HalfMarathon.pdf and we're starting with week 5 since both of us have done a little bit of running already. I don't think we're going to stick to it like the bible, but we're going to stay as close to it as possible. Oh, and we shifted it to MWFS instead of having the break on MWs.
*side note: I've never watched the Bachelor/ette before and never thought I would. It's extremely dramatic and I mostly just sit and laugh at how ridiculous some of the girls are, but it's kind of addicting. I just want to find out who he picks!! The main reason I'm watching it is because my friend was at the Concert in the Canyon (coming up on this week's episode I believe), so I have to watch to see if she'll be on camera at all.



No comments:
Post a Comment