VDay.
When you say it like that, it sounds kinda depressing. I like "Valentine's Day".
I am in such a good mood today because it's the day of love. I think we all need a little more love ;)
Valentines day shouldn't be the depressing "single awareness day" which is what I call it sometimes. I was teaching in the middle school this morning and saw a lot of girls walk in with teddy bears, flowers or treats. Some were getting frustrated that their boyfriend didn't do as much as So-and-so's boyfriend. It hit me like a load of bricks.
Valentines day meant a whole lot more in high school and middle school. Back then, I remember wanting a valentine and wanting the Hollywood-ized bliss of the day. Of course it's a special day because its all about love.
But now it's just a day to eat chocolate, go on a date (even if its just with roommates), wear pink/red, and show your love to those you love. So, a shout out to all the single people: You are not alone. Share your love with your best friend, your family, or even your pet. Just share it.



No comments:
Post a Comment